Working a partial NASCAR Xfinity Sequence schedule this season, Tyler Reddick spoiled the get together for the opening spherical of the Playoffs by incomes his first profession win in Saturday evening’s VisitMyrtleBeach.com 300 at Kentucky Speedway.
The Chip Ganassi Racing driver took management of the lead 74 laps from the end and by no means appeared again. His 14.540-second margin of victory over teammate Brennan Poole was the biggest within the collection’ historical past on the 1.5-mile speedway in 16 years of competitors.
“I don’t know if it was essentially me making an announcement, it was simply Chip Ganassi Racing making an announcement,” stated Reddick, who earned the triumph in his 15th Xfinity Sequence begin. “Me and Brennan (Poole) have been actually quick all evening.
“We had a extremely quick automobile final weekend, our mile-and-a-half program has been unreal. Mike Shiplett (crew chief) introduced me from floor zero all the best way to right here. All the blokes at Ganassi have gone above and past in serving to me develop into a greater driver.”
Reddick who hadn’t led a lap in his earlier 14 races this season, however led a race-high 66 laps Saturday evening added, “To be right here at this time is surreal. We had such a extremely quick automobile the final time we have been right here, to have the ability to deliver it to Victory Lane, I knew the automobile was succesful.”
Poole earned a career-best end behind Reddick, giving Chip Ganassi Racing its first 1-2 end in Xfinity Sequence competitors.
Poole was additionally the highest-finishing playoff Xfinity Sequence Playoffs driver within the Spherical of 12.
“I simply suppose it was a robust assertion tonight,” stated Poole, who earned his second top-five of 2017. “I am happy with our Ganassi staff developing one-two. That is actually a observe that we’ve got struggled at up to now. To return out and be sturdy within the first race of the playoffs is fairly superior.
“I need to thank everybody who has put effort into this factor. It is actually confirmed off the previous couple of months. We have been actually constant and been proper there. A win’s coming for us.”
Playoff driver Justin Allgaier rebounded from a flat tire contained in the occasion’s opening 25 laps and utilized a gutsy wave round name and the beneficiary of a Lap 75 free move to bolt from a race-low 36th to complete third, his eighth top-five of 2017.
“My staff at JR Motorsports clearly does an excellent job,” stated Allgaier who’s tied for the Xfinity Sequence factors lead with Cole Custer. “We talked about not beating ourselves within the first Playoff race. It was unlucky there getting a flat tire. It wasn’t in our management. We did what we needed to do and persevered via it and we did an excellent job on pit calls and pit stops.
“I assumed we had a automobile that perhaps may win the race. After the race, I instructed my staff we would not have gained the playoffs tonight however we undoubtedly salvaged what we would have liked to tonight to maneuver ourselves ahead.”
NASCAR Subsequent alumnus Kyle Benjamin in his fifth begin of the season led the sphere to inexperienced after incomes his second-career pole, till Stewart-Haas Racing’s Custer muscled his method to the lead on Lap 42 and clinched his first profession stage win.
With a two-tire technique, Benjamin returned to the purpose to start out Stage 2, however Custer soared again to the lead by the exit of Flip 2 on Lap 52 and dominated the stage to earn one other 10 essential stage factors towards his playoff complete.
Defending race winner Elliott Sadler elected to remain out on the finish of Stage 2 and led the sphere again to inexperienced for the beginning of Stage three till Iowa Xfinity winner Ryan Preece on an analogous technique throttled to the lead on Lap 105 passing Sadler off Flip 2.
Reddick, with more energizing tires, reeled in Preece for management of the race and made the move on Lap 126. He checked out from the sphere till he pitted with 49 laps to go for his ultimate pit cease of the evening.
Reddick cycled again into the lead 10 laps later, pulling away from the competitors and finally setting the tone for the end.
Notes: Following the opening spherical at Kentucky, playoff drivers Jeremy Clements, Michael Annett, Blake Koch and Brennan Gaughan discover themselves under the cutoff line for the Spherical of eight. William Byron suffered a free wheel late within the race, leaving little time to get well, ending 18th. Nonetheless, he stays fifth within the playoffs standings with profit from the stage factors he acquired in the course of the 2017 season.
Reddick’s 14.540-second margin of victory over teammate Brennan Poole was the biggest within the collection’ historical past on the 1.5-mile speedway in 16 years of competitors.
NASCAR Xfinity Sequence Race Outcomes VisitMyrtleBeach.com 300
Saturday, September 23, 2017
1. (5) Tyler Reddick, Chevrolet, 200.
2. (eight) Brennan Poole (P), Chevrolet, 200.
three. (four) Justin Allgaier (P), Chevrolet, 200.
four. (2) Ryan Preece, Toyota, 200.
5. (three) Cole Custer # (P), Ford, 200.
6. (6) Elliott Sadler (P), Chevrolet, 200.
7. (7) Daniel Hemric # (P), Chevrolet, 200.
eight. (10) Brian Scott, Chevrolet, 200.
9. (9) Matt Tifft # (P), Toyota, 200.
10. (13) Ryan Reed (P), Ford, 199.
11. (11) Ben Kennedy #, Chevrolet, 199.
12. (1) Kyle Benjamin, Toyota, 199.
13. (14) Brandon Jones, Chevrolet, 199.
14. (16) Brendan Gaughan (P), Chevrolet, 199.
15. (19) Spencer Gallagher Jr. #, Chevrolet, 199.
16. (18) Michael Annett (P), Chevrolet, 199.
17. (17) Blake Koch (P), Chevrolet, 198.
18. (12) William Byron # (P), Chevrolet, 198.
19. (22) JJ Yeley, Toyota, 198.
20. (20) Ryan Sieg, Chevrolet, 198.
21. (21) Ross Chastain, Chevrolet, 198.
22. (25) Jeremy Clements (P), Chevrolet, 198.
23. (24) Dakoda Armstrong, Toyota, 196.
24. (27) Harrison Rhodes, Chevrolet, 196.
25. (26) Garrett Smithley, Chevrolet, 196.
26. (32) Josh Williams, Chevrolet, 196.
27. (29) Quin Houff, Chevrolet, 196.
28. (23) BJ McLeod, Chevrolet, 194.
29. (28) David Starr, Chevrolet, 194.
30. (34) Joey Gase, Chevrolet, 193.
31. (15) Sam Hornish Jr., Ford, 191.
32. (35) Angela Ruch, Chevrolet, 190.
33. (31) Korbin Forrister(i), Chevrolet, 188.
34. (40) Mike Harmon, Dodge, Gasoline Pump, 65.
35. (39) John Jackson, Chevrolet, Engine, 59.
36. (33) Timmy Hill, Dodge, Overheating, 55.
37. (36) Morgan Shepherd, Chevrolet, Dealing with, 27.
38. (38) Dexter Bean, Chevrolet, Vibration, 27.
39. (37) Carl Lengthy, Toyota, Engine, 24.
40. (30) Jeff Inexperienced, Chevrolet, Vibration, 16.
Common Velocity of Race Winner: 151.728 mph.
Time of Race: 1 Hrs, 58 Minutes, 38 Secs. Margin of Victory: 14.540 Seconds.
Warning Flags: three for 14 laps.
Lead Modifications: eight amongst 5 drivers.
Lap Leaders: Okay. Benjamin 1-40; C. Custer # (P) 41-48; Okay. Benjamin 49-51; C. Custer # (P) 52-92; E. Sadler (P) 93-103; R. Preece 104-125; T. Reddick 126-151; Okay. Benjamin 152-160; T. Reddick 161-200.
Leaders Abstract (Driver, Instances Lead, Laps Led): T. Reddick 2 instances for 66 laps; Okay. Benjamin three instances for 52 laps; C. Custer # (P) 2 instances for 49 laps; R. Preece 1 time for 22 laps; E. Sadler (P) 1 time for 11 laps.
Stage #1 High Ten: 00,42,18,20,48,21,19,1,three,9
Stage #2 High Ten: 00,42,21,20,9,three,18,2,16,1
It seems your Net browser will not be configured to show PDF recordsdata. Obtain adobe Acrobat or click on right here to obtain the PDF file.