Sam Hornish Jr. dominated Saturday’s NASCAR Xfinity Collection Mid-Ohio Problem, however his victory was something however sure till the waning laps of a caution-filled race.
Hornish, driving Staff Penske’s No. 22 Ford Mustang, earlier had eclipsed his personal qualifying report on the 13-turn, 2.258-mile Mid-Ohio Sports activities Automobile Course, and edged sequence rookie Daniel Hemric by 1.335 seconds when the occasion finally went inexperienced for the ultimate time with 5 circuits remaining within the 75-lap distance.
The victory was the fifth within the sequence by Hornish, whose final win got here in June of 2016 at Iowa Speedway.
Hornish, who led 4 instances for 61 laps, traded the highest spot with Hemric’s No. 21 Richard Childress Racing Chevrolet Camaro 4 instances over the race’s third and ultimate stage. He took the purpose for the final time on lap 62, on a restart following the seventh warning.
Veteran Brendan Gaughan superior to second after Justin Allgaier and James Davison slipped off the monitor in flip three at lap 63, establishing a ultimate restart battle that ended prematurely when Gaughan’s No. 62 RCR Chevrolet Camaro was pressured off the monitor by Hornish shortly after the inexperienced flag.
“I lastly bought the win (at Mid-Ohio),” stated Hornish, who completed second there a 12 months in the past. “We had a wise, virtually flawless day however I really feel unhealthy in regards to the 62. I didn’t need to beat him that manner.”
Rookie Matt Tifft end third within the No. 19 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota Camry, enhancing his greatest NASCAR XFINITY Collection end from a fifth place at Kentucky Speedway final September. Davison, a world racing star and Indianapolis 500 competitor, took fourth within the No. 20 JGR Toyota, adopted by sports activities automobile veteran Andy Lally, whose No. 07 Chevrolet Camaro workforce posted its first high 10 end within the sequence.
Twenty-four of the race’s 40 starters accomplished all 75 laps. 5 drivers — Hornish, Hemric, Blake Koch, Ryan Reed and Elliott Sadler — traded the lead 9 instances.
NASCAR Xfinity Collection factors chief Sadler noticed the sphere an early spin and a inexperienced flag pit cease to alter a flat tire, however he finally took sixth, forward of Gaughan, Brennan Poole, Justin Marks and Dakoda Armstrong.
Koch received the race’s first stage when Hornish elected to pit with three laps left and chief Sadler was spun in flip one by Poole.
Hornish rapidly went again to the entrance of the sphere after Stage 1 pit stops, claiming Stage 2 over Hemric and Davison.
Saturday’s race left the playoff image unchanged with no bubble drivers capable of bump their manner into the standings. Sadler holds an 81-point lead over William Byron, who appeared headed for a high 10 till he was caught up in a late accident, relegating him to a 25th-place end.
The victory was the fifth within the NASCAR Xfinity sequence by Hornish, whose final win got here in June of 2016 at Iowa Speedway.
NASCAR Xfinity Collection Race Outcomes Mid-Ohio Problem
Mid-Ohio Sports activities Automobile Course
Saturday, August 12, 2017
1. (1) Sam Hornish Jr., Ford, 75.
2. (6) Daniel Hemric #, Chevrolet, 75.
three. (5) Matt Tifft #, Toyota, 75.
four. (11) James Davison, Toyota, 75.
5. (13) Andy Lally, Chevrolet, 75.
6. (2) Elliott Sadler, Chevrolet, 75.
7. (17) Brendan Gaughan, Chevrolet, 75.
eight. (10) Brennan Poole, Chevrolet, 75.
9. (21) Justin Marks, Chevrolet, 75.
10. (28) Dakoda Armstrong, Toyota, 75.
11. (three) Blake Koch, Chevrolet, 75.
12. (16) Ryan Sieg, Chevrolet, 75.
13. (18) JJ Yeley, Toyota, 75.
14. (25) Brandon Jones, Chevrolet, 75.
15. (14) Ross Chastain, Chevrolet, 75.
16. (34) Anthony Kumpen, Chevrolet, 75.
17. (35) David Starr, Chevrolet, 75.
18. (29) Enrique Baca, Dodge, 75.
19. (30) Michael Annett, Chevrolet, 75.
20. (36) Tim Cowen, Ford, 75.
21. (39) Joey Gase, Chevrolet, 75.
22. (26) Scott Lagasse Jr., Chevrolet, 75.
23. (40) Cody Ware(i), Dodge, 75.
24. (37) Stephen Younger, Chevrolet, 75.
25. (23) William Byron #, Chevrolet, Accident, 67.
26. (7) Ben Kennedy #, Chevrolet, Accident, 67.
27. (15) Dylan Lupton, Toyota, Accident, 67.
28. (12) Regan Smith(i), Toyota, Accident, 67.
29. (22) Josh Bilicki, Chevrolet, Accident, 67.
30. (33) Garrett Smithley, Chevrolet, Accident, 67.
31. (eight) Justin Allgaier, Chevrolet, Accident, 67.
32. (19) Casey Mears, Ford, Engine, 64.
33. (four) Ryan Reed, Ford, Accident, 57.
34. (32) Sheldon Creed, Chevrolet, 56.
35. (9) Cole Custer #, Ford, 54.
36. (24) Spencer Gallagher #, Chevrolet, Accident, 51.
37. (20) Jeremy Clements, Chevrolet, Accident, 51.
38. (27) Matt Bell, Chevrolet, Accident, 15.
39. (31) Jeff Inexperienced, Chevrolet, Transmission, 9.
40. (38) Morgan Shepherd, Chevrolet, Dealing with, 5.
Common Velocity of Race Winner: 64.154 mph.
Time of Race: 2 Hrs, 38 Minutes, 23 Secs. Margin of Victory: 1.335 Seconds.
Warning Flags: 9 for 27 laps.
Lead Adjustments: 9 amongst 5 drivers.
Lap Leaders: S. Hornish Jr. 1-17; E. Sadler 18; B. Koch 19-21; R. Reed 22-23; D. Hemric # 24; S. Hornish Jr. 25-42; D. Hemric # 43-45; S. Hornish Jr. 46-57; D. Hemric # 58-61; S. Hornish Jr. 62-75.
Leaders Abstract (Driver, Occasions Lead, Laps Led): S. Hornish Jr. four instances for 61 laps; D. Hemric # three instances for eight laps; B. Koch 1 time for three laps; R. Reed 1 time for two laps; E. Sadler 1 time for 1 lap.
Stage #1 High Ten: 11,48,62,16,four,51,39,21,22,eight
Stage #2 High Ten: 22,21,20,7,07,42,18,2,48,11
It seems your Internet browser will not be configured to show PDF recordsdata. Obtain adobe Acrobat or click on right here to obtain the PDF file.