There was no maintaining with Erik Jones on Saturday evening at Texas Motor Speedway — although Ryan Blaney tried his stage finest over the closing laps of the O’Reilly Auto Components 300.
Jones, the pole winner, swept the primary and second levels of the occasion, led 142 of 200 laps and accomplished the season sweep of NASCAR Xfinity Collection races on the 1.5-mile observe — the primary time that’s occurred since Kyle Busch gained each races in 2009.
The victory was Jones’ third of the season, his third in six begins at TMS and the ninth of his profession. Although the race was decisive in Jones’ favor, it settled little with regard to the XFINITY Collection Playoff, with no driver clinching a spot within the Championship four race at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
Regaining the lead after a cycle of green-flag pit stops, when Ty Dillon pulled onto pit highway on lap 192, Jones saved Blaney behind him the remainder of the way in which and powered his No. 20 Joe Gibbs racing Toyota throughout the end line 1.zero18 seconds forward of Blaney’s No. 22 Staff Penske Ford.
After final yr’s fall race, the observe was repaved. If something, the brand new configuration made Jones even quicker.
“It’s certain been a superb race observe to me,” Jones mentioned. “On the outdated observe and the repave now. It’s simply been a spot I’ve loved coming to. The primary time I got here right here in a truck, I’ll always remember, I by no means thought I’d just like the place, and ever since then it’s simply type of clicked for me.
“Simply excited to get again to victory iane. It’s been just a few months since I’ve grabbed a win and the 20 guys have gotten a win, so completely happy to get them again right here. They’ve introduced quick vehicles for the final month, and we simply haven’t discovered victory lane, so cool to get again right here once more and simply completely happy for these guys.”
After Blaney made his final cease for gasoline on lap 185, and Jones pitted a lap later, Blaney trailed the race winner by lower than a automobile size after they each regained prime velocity. Passing was one other matter.
“It simply stinks we couldn’t get round him,” mentioned Blaney, who’s within the thick of the battle for a Championship four spot within the Monster Vitality NASCAR Cup Collection. “I believed we had a shot after the green-flag cease. I believed we had been method higher, however we obtained held up a pair occasions by site visitors.
“I believed we had the automobile to win — only a matter of making an attempt to get in entrance of him, and I couldn’t move anyone. I attempted to get him free a pair occasions and couldn’t do it. I about wrecked myself making an attempt to get him free. It’s actually arduous to get round anyone. Hopefully, that will get a bit higher for tomorrow.”
Kyle Larson got here dwelling third after two snafus on pit highway price him an opportunity to win. Beneath warning on Lap 92, after the top of the second stage, Larson got here to pit highway earlier than it was open. Although he didn’t cease for service, Larson misplaced positions when he blended again in line.
And after a cease on lap 127, Larson needed to return to pit highway to permit his crew to tighten a free lug nut. With the race going inexperienced to the end after the next restart on lap 131, Larson ran out of time in his pursuit of the winner and runner-up.
Elliott Sadler ran fourth and took the sequence lead by 5 factors over JR Motorsports teammate William Byron, who ran ninth. Justin Allgaier, the third JR Motorsports Playoff driver, is 9 factors behind Sadler after an 11th-place end.
“My automobile was actually good tonight,” Sadler mentioned. “Erik and Blaney had been so a lot better into (turns) one and two. That they had it found out. I’ve obtained to go to work earlier than we come again right here within the spring. However all in all, it was an incredible evening for us.”
Cole Custer completed fifth, recovering from a punctured tire that dropped him quickly from his front-row beginning place, however the driver of the No. 00 Ford leaves Texas in sixth place, 13 factors behind fourth-place Brennan Poole, with the Playoff discipline to be lower to the highest 4 after subsequent Saturday’s race at Phoenix.
Matt Tifft ran eighth and is fifth within the standings, 5 factors behind Poole.
The victory was Jones’ third of the season, his third in six begins at TMS and the ninth of his profession.
NASCAR Xfinity Collection Race Outcomes O’Reilly Auto Components 300
Texas Motor Speedway
Fort Value, Texas
Saturday, November four, 2017
1. (1) Erik Jones(i), Toyota, 200.
2. (four) Ryan Blaney(i), Ford, 200.
three. (10) Kyle Larson(i), Chevrolet, 200.
four. (5) Elliott Sadler (P), Chevrolet, 200.
5. (2) Cole Custer # (P), Ford, 200.
6. (eight) Christopher Bell(i), Toyota, 200.
7. (12) Brennan Poole (P), Chevrolet, 200.
eight. (three) Matt Tifft # (P), Toyota, 200.
9. (9) William Byron # (P), Chevrolet, 200.
10. (7) Austin Dillon(i), Chevrolet, 200.
11. (13) Justin Allgaier (P), Chevrolet, 200.
12. (18) Michael Annett, Chevrolet, 199.
13. (17) Blake Koch, Chevrolet, 199.
14. (6) Daniel Hemric # (P), Chevrolet, 199.
15. (16) Spencer Gallagher #, Chevrolet, 199.
16. (14) Ty Dillon(i), Chevrolet, 199.
17. (19) Brendan Gaughan, Chevrolet, 199.
18. (21) JJ Yeley, Toyota, 199.
19. (24) Ross Chastain, Chevrolet, 199.
20. (20) Ryan Sieg, Chevrolet, 199.
21. (23) Dylan Lupton, Toyota, 198.
22. (25) Jeremy Clements, Chevrolet, 198.
23. (15) Ryan Reed (P), Ford, 198.
24. (26) Garrett Smithley, Chevrolet, 198.
25. (32) Harrison Rhodes, Chevrolet, 196.
26. (22) BJ McLeod, Chevrolet, 196.
27. (28) Joey Gase, Chevrolet, 196.
28. (33) Mario Gosselin, Chevrolet, 195.
29. (36) Spencer Boyd, Chevrolet, 191.
30. (34) Timmy Hill, Chevrolet, 188.
31. (31) David Starr, Chevrolet, 159.
32. (37) Mike Harmon, Dodge, Suspension, 104.
33. (30) Grey Gaulding(i), Chevrolet, Vibration, 65.
34. (38) Josh Williams, Chevrolet, Electrical, 62.
35. (11) Brandon Jones, Chevrolet, Accident, 60.
36. (29) Reed Sorenson(i), Chevrolet, Electrical, 52.
37. (27) Jeff Inexperienced, Chevrolet, Vibration, 50.
38. (35) Angela Ruch, Chevrolet, Accident, 47.
39. (39) Morgan Shepherd, Chevrolet, Dealing with, 25.
40. (40) John Jackson, Dodge, Gasoline Pump, 7.
Common Velocity of Race Winner: 133.862 mph.
Time of Race: 02 Hrs, 14 Minutes, 28 Secs. Margin of Victory: 1.zero18 Seconds.
Warning Flags: 7 for 33 laps.
Lead Adjustments: 10 amongst 6 drivers.
Lap Leaders: E. Jones(i) 1-48; W. Byron # (P) 49-65; E. Jones(i) 66-80; Ok. Larson(i) 81; E. Jones(i) 82-93; R. Blaney(i) 94-127; E. Jones(i) 128-185; Ok. Larson(i) 186-188; M. Annett 189; T. Dillon(i) 190-191; E. Jones(i) 192-200.
Leaders Abstract (Driver, Occasions Lead, Laps Led): E. Jones(i) 5 occasions for 142 laps; R. Blaney(i) 1 time for 34 laps; W. Byron # (P) 1 time for 17 laps; Ok. Larson(i) 2 occasions for four laps; T. Dillon(i) 1 time for two laps; M. Annett 1 time for 1 lap.
Stage #1 High Ten: 20,42,1,22,19,18,9,48,7,21
Stage #2 High Ten: 20,42,48,1,19,21,00,22,9,62
It seems your Internet browser isn’t configured to show PDF recordsdata. Obtain adobe Acrobat or click on right here to obtain the PDF file.