In the long term, Brad Keselowski knew he had the superior automobile.
And that’s precisely what Keselowski received – a long term to shut Friday evening’s Virginia529 School Financial savings 250 at Richmond Raceway.
On lap 235 of 250 of the NASCAR Xfinity Collection race, Keselowski powered his No. 22 Crew Penske Ford previous the No. 18 Toyota of Kyle Busch and pulled away to win by three.008 seconds.
“When you possibly can race with him (Busch), you realize you’re having a great day, particularly on this sequence,” Keselowski stated after finishing a spectacular celebratory burnout on the frontstretch. “Once you race with Kyle, you race with the very best. He and I’ll not at all times get alongside, however I’ve loads of respect for his expertise.”
After the second stage, which Keselowski received with a move of Busch on the ultimate circuit (Lap 150), the race ran with out warning for the ultimate 89 laps. Keselowski was driving a automobile with the brand new flange-fit composite physique, which will likely be necessary within the sequence by 2019.
“We weren’t fairly the place we wished to be on the quick runs, however ok to be proper there,” stated Keselowski, who received for the second time this season, the fourth time on the .75-mile monitor and the 36th time in his profession. “We simply hung with him and received the lengthy runs and we had been capable of pounce.
Gallery: NASCAR at Richmond Raceway, Friday, Sept. eight, 2017
“That’s a testomony to the crew. (NBC Sports activities Analyst Jeff) Burton was asking me if it was the setup or the driving force. I feel it was each. I’m blissful to get one other win on this sequence. It’s loads of enjoyable and the primary one in these new our bodies. Not less than you realize it isn’t an aero benefit. An amazing evening at Richmond. I’m happy with my complete crew.”
The automobiles of Keselowski and Busch had been the clear class of the sphere, however behind them, sequence common Elliott Sadler rolled house in fifth place and clinched the regular-season championship, together with the bonus of 15 playoff factors that goes with it.
“We’re getting ourselves in playoff kind,” stated Sadler, who locked up the title with one race left within the common season. “We’re fired up and able to go.”
Making his final Xfinity begin of the season, Busch needed to accept second.
“We simply didn’t have long-run pace,” stated Busch, who misplaced the lead for the ultimate time in heavy site visitors by Turns 1 and a couple of, after main on 5 events for a complete of 182 laps. “It’s powerful to complete second, particularly within the final go-round for the yr.”
Ty Dillon ran third, adopted by Daniel Hemric, Sadler, Christopher Bell, William Byron, Justin Allgaier and Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Earnhardt’s No. 88 JR Motorsports Chevrolet was the final automobile on the lead lap, due to the lengthy green-flag run to complete the race – the identical long term Keselowski was so glad to see.
Keselowski was driving a automobile with the brand new flange-fit composite physique, which will likely be necessary within the sequence by 2019.
NASCAR Xfinity Collection Race Outcomes Virginia529 School Financial savings 250
Friday, September eight, 2017
1. (three) Brad Keselowski(i), Ford, 250.
2. (1) Kyle Busch(i), Toyota, 250.
three. (16) Ty Dillon(i), Chevrolet, 250.
four. (eight) Daniel Hemric #, Chevrolet, 250.
5. (11) Elliott Sadler, Chevrolet, 250.
6. (14) Christopher Bell(i), Toyota, 250.
7. (6) William Byron #, Chevrolet, 250.
eight. (9) Justin Allgaier, Chevrolet, 250.
9. (5) Dale Earnhardt Jr.(i), Chevrolet, 250.
10. (2) Brennan Poole, Chevrolet, 249.
11. (7) Blake Koch, Chevrolet, 249.
12. (12) Ryan Reed, Ford, 249.
13. (13) Matt Tifft #, Toyota, 249.
14. (four) Cole Custer #, Ford, 249.
15. (18) Michael Annett, Chevrolet, 249.
16. (15) Jeremy Clements, Chevrolet, 249.
17. (25) Tyler Reddick, Chevrolet, 249.
18. (31) Dakoda Armstrong, Toyota, 249.
19. (10) Paul Menard(i), Chevrolet, 248.
20. (30) JJ Yeley, Toyota, 248.
21. (17) Brendan Gaughan, Chevrolet, 248.
22. (23) Spencer Gallagher #, Chevrolet, 247.
23. (26) Brandon Jones, Chevrolet, 247.
24. (20) Dylan Lupton, Toyota, 247.
25. (22) Casey Mears, Ford, 246.
26. (19) Ryan Sieg, Chevrolet, 246.
27. (24) Brandon Brown, Chevrolet, 246.
28. (21) Ross Chastain, Chevrolet, 245.
29. (35) Tommy Joe Martins, Chevrolet, 244.
30. (38) Harrison Rhodes, Chevrolet, 243.
31. (34) Spencer Boyd, Chevrolet, 242.
32. (39) Garrett Smithley, Chevrolet, 241.
33. (36) Mike Harmon, Dodge, 233.
34. (40) Bobby Earnhardt, Chevrolet, 229.
35. (29) David Starr, Chevrolet, Clutch, 216.
36. (28) Joey Gase, Chevrolet, Rear Gear, 164.
37. (37) John Graham, Chevrolet, Rear Gear, 78.
38. (32) Timmy Hill, Dodge, Overheating, 33.
39. (33) Reed Sorenson(i), Chevrolet, Vibration, 17.
40. (27) Jeff Inexperienced, Chevrolet, Electrical, eight.
Common Velocity of Race Winner: 97.614 mph.
Time of Race: 01 Hrs, 55 Minutes, 15 Secs. Margin of Victory: three.008 Seconds.
Warning Flags: three for 26 laps.
Lead Modifications: 11 amongst 5 drivers.
Lap Leaders: Ok. Busch(i) 1-46; B. Keselowski(i) 47-58; Ok. Busch(i) 59-63; T. Dillon(i) 64-79; B. Gaughan 80-84; D. Hemric # 85-97; Ok. Busch(i) 98-149; B. Keselowski(i) 150-154; Ok. Busch(i) 155-172; B. Keselowski(i) 173; Ok. Busch(i) 174-234; B. Keselowski(i) 235-250.
Leaders Abstract (Driver, Occasions Lead, Laps Led): Ok. Busch(i) 5 instances for 182 laps; B. Keselowski(i) four instances for 34 laps; T. Dillon(i) 1 time for 16 laps; D. Hemric # 1 time for 13 laps; B. Gaughan 1 time for five laps.
Stage #1 Prime Ten: three,20,62,21,22,18,00,88,2,7
Stage #2 Prime Ten: 22,18,21,three,88,7,1,2,9,20
It seems your Net browser will not be configured to show PDF information. Obtain adobe Acrobat or click on right here to obtain the PDF file.